Not counting spending time with my husband, keeping my new blackberry, fig and mulberry plantings from being overrun by weeds, plotting about finances, and generally keeping up with daily life activities, here’s what I want get done—in my fantasy life:
1) Maintain the quality of my science editing and other job obligations while meeting my deadlines and not stressing out.
3) Create and implement marketing for the anthologies.
4) Add 40,000 words to my current novel.
5) Do a final draft of the 15,000-word paranormal.
6) Finish the first draft of the 15,000-word historical romance.
9) Get to some Austin RWA meetings.
10) See friends more often.
11) Do the occasional little editing projects a local businessman has asked me to do.
12) Post here once a week.
13) Comment on blogs and use other social media more consistently.
14) Finish reading DH Lawrence‘s complete works.
15) Spend twenty minutes a day brushing up my Spanish.
16) Go to the shooting range once or twice a month.
17) Take better care of my health—for instance, get up from my desk, spend time outside, go to bed before midnight (fail!).
These are all things that have been on my mind for a long time. It’s good that I made this list tonight, because now I have Sunday, the day before ROW80 starts, to sort out what may really be possible.
Real is better.